Have you been wondering how to make your own Cabbage Patch Kids inspired hat?
The cute little head wear that every munchkin needs!
Because every child needs to be that much more adorable!
So how does one make a cabbage patch hat?
We have the steps!
What You’ll Need for Cabbage Patch Kids Hat:
Yarn in the hair color of your choice
6mm crochet hook
Scissors and safety pins
And one adorable baby to wear it 🙂
Instructions for Cabbage Patch Kids Hat:
1. Start with a basic beanie as your base for the project, using the hair color of your choice. About has a great tutorial for crocheting a beanie for all ages of children.
2. Next, make the bangs. These are created by using a loop stitch for 3 rows on the bottom of the beanie. Here’s how to create a loop stitch:
3. Now that the hat is finished, it’s time to make the braided pigtails. You can also get creative and use another style of hair if you like! For each braid, cut 19 pieces of yarn approximately 16 inches in length.
4. Fold the pieces of yarn in half and knot in the center, then divide the yarn into threes and begin braiding! Use a small piece of yarn to tie off the bottom of the braid. Repeat for each braid.
5. The last step is to attach the braids to the beanie by stitching them to the hat. Make sure it is even! You may want to test it out with safety pins first. Once attached, add a ribbon bow atop each pigtail!
These Cabbage Patch Kids inspired hats are so ridiculously cute! Why not make one today for the adorably chubby-cheeked baby in your life?!